Thursday, May 5, 2011

The OSET Trials bike

We Sexson's are at it again. 
We purchased an electric, quiet Trials bike.  I guess in desperation to hold onto our Dirtbiking,  we have had to make some accomodations.  Here we are inside the compounds of this gigantic concrete jungle with our little ones riding around on an electric miracle on two wheels.  They are in heaven and we are beaming with pride to chase them around.  The first few days were comical. I wish my darn camcorder was working.  I think it has finally decided to take a dump on me and wont take a charge,  it is a 2004 model (insert hint for Dave: Mother's Day).  Not that I could hold a camera, record level footage and frantically run on foot chasing this motorbike to prevent a catastrophe.  Although, I would try for sure.  We only have one OSET,  for now.  We have two riding capable children.  Myles went first, of course.  He is our most physically agile and willing.  He is also just now four with the attention span of a gnat at times.  The soothing hum of the motorbike and the constant distractions make it difficult for him to keep skillfully and mindfully operational.  Made for some interesting near wrecks.  Myles success made for Sienna's debut.  She hops on and with much coaxing and psuedo support (she thinks Dave is holding the back, like a Human set of training wheels), takes off all on her own like an expert.  Smooth, skillful and graceful, that is our Sienna for sure.  Now we have a competition and a constant argument over who's turn it is and who has had more time on the OSET.  Figures, doesn't it?  We will get another one eventually, sooner than later.

For those of you wondering, it has a capable throttle modulator.  Thank goodness.  Because the torque on that thing is outstanding.  I got on it in full power mode and over throttled myself up, backwards in an amazing wheely that I could never pull off on a dirtbike.  Scared myself silly.  I had to have Dave lower it for me ;)

1 comment:

  1. ***I got a camera. Dave took the hint. Ha. We will try to figure out how to get small clips of video up here. (I say "we, meaning Dave will help me ;)

    ReplyDelete