Monday, April 11, 2011

Heartbreaking realities. I am humbled by my freedom, the freedom I inherited simply by being born into America.


We are so very fortunate.  So fortunate in fact, that it is a difficult thought to believe that our reality is not entitled.  It isn’t and it is very obvious to me now.  I think I am on stimulus overload.  On one hand there are lights, beaches, beauty, seemingly a utopia.  On the other-hand, there is much different,  other-side.
I can’t tell you how many times in the last few weeks that I have been asked,
“How old is this child…?”  Then, it is followed by a story about children being care for in another Country and loved from afar by either Parent.  I have heard this equally from the Mother and Fathers alike, currently working in Dubai, away from their children.  Their comments are heartbreaking.   “I have (number and ages of children) back home, I see once every 2 years.”  I can’t even imagine.  The thought floods me with tears and sadness.

UAE offers opportunity to make money to support a Family.  However, it is not always enough money or opportunity to migrate the whole Family.  It is a difficult conundrum to comprehend from my very spoiled perspective. 

Not everyone is born with the same rights and privileges’ as my Family and me. I feel very thankful for the rights I was issued by simply being born in the fortunate side of the globe.  God Bless America, we really are free.
Hug your children big and close tonight, because you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment