Thursday, April 28, 2011

I just miss my friends


I have done this whole move thing before.  I have left my Home, my Family and my Friends and done the “start-over” regime.  This time is different.  This time, I don’t have the comfort of all my friends a simple phone call away.  There is not an easy way to share all the funny stories of life and all it’s humor.  I find myself carrying on commentary in my head.  I guess that means I have simply become my own friend.  Either that or I am going nuts.  There hasn’t been a day that I don’t miss my girlfriends.  I have some really, truly, wonderful girl best friends.   I have spent years collecting them.  I know, I know, ”Make new friends and keep the old, some are Silver and the others Gold.”  But, I’m just not there right now.  I don’t feel like making friends.  Sometimes, it feels too complicated. And time consuming.  Itd is almost like dating.  There’s the size up, the dance around the money and status, where are you from, Blah.   It is so much work to make new friends.  Then, I have my sweet Sienna.  She too, is missing her friends.  I put on a big smile everyday this week and enthusiastically encouraged her to have a great day and make new friends.  She came home from School yesterday and was very sad to announce that she was the only one that doesn’t know the other kids’ names and couldn’t play along in their games.  It occurred to her that they all knew each other and she was left out as the ONLY one who didn’t have friends.  Wow.  That just broke my heart.  She later explained this same thing to Dave.  That just broke his heart.  It hadn’t occurred to us that she didn’t understand what it means to enter a school in the Third and final term for the School year.  She had her head up and said she will work hard to meet new friends and remember their names and Sienna will. I will work hard to learn from my Daughter in her plight to make new friends. But I will keep the old; to me they will always be shiny, precious GOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment